Auto Accident Checklist
For a free AUTO ACCIDENT CHECKLIST card to keep in your glove compartment, call Morgenstern Injury Lawyers toll free at 1-888-888-0005 or e-mail us
If you were involved in an auto accident, would you know what to do? The following "checklist" is designed to help you take the necessary steps to protect your legal rights in case of an accident.At the Scene
- Stop the car.
- Put on emergency flashers.
- Call the police.
- Get uninjured passengers out of the vehicle to the side of the road safely away from traffic.
- Get the other driver's name, phone number and insurance company with policy number.
- Get license plate number if other driver isn’t cooperative or if you’re fearful.
- Ask police officer at the scene for the Accident Report number.
- Leave the scene, no matter how minor the accident
- Move anyone with a serious injury. Wait for the police or paramedics.
- Move the vehicles until after the police have arrived unless it poses a safety threat to other traffic. Use common sense.
- Make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Contact us Morgenstern Injury Lawyers for a free consultation BEFORE speaking with any insurance company, even your own. We will tell you how to protect your rights and maximize your compensation.
- Make statements about the accident to anyone, other than to the police, especially claims investigators from your own or the other party's insurance company.
- Accept a settlement or sign anything without a lawyer